Old Man Emu, one of the best and toughest suspension systems on the market. OME is our default, go to suspension brand. Lots of choice gives us the ability to really fine tune your suspension system. With shockers that are valved for specific applications, you get a suspension system that really is superb. Whether you’re travelling on harsh roads, using your vehicle for competition purposes or towing, the importance of a fully integrated 4×4 suspension system is paramount.
Designed for superior performance across all terrain, Old Man Emu suspension will provide noticeable improvements to a vehicle’s performance, including load carrying capacity and control characteristics. OME engineers spending hundreds of man hours testing and modifying various combinations in the demanding Australian Outback so you can find the most suitable solution for your needs.
Get In Touch
Nitrocharger Sport Shock Absorbers
The latest addition to Old Man Emu’s 4WD suspension range, Nitrocharger Sport is the most advanced and innovative 4×4 shock absorber on the market, and is now available for a wide range of vehicles. Designed by a dedicated team of OME ride control engineers through an exhaustive vehicle specific development program, Nitrocharger Sport 4×4 shock absorbers deliver the best control, durability and most comfortable ride over all terrain.
- Engineered for both on road drivability and off road touring
- Durability proven under extensive laboratory and Outback testing, supported by scientific data logging
- Instantaneously adapts to the terrain
- The most finely tuned 4×4 shock absorber on the market, with all valving work carried out in Australia by OME’s ride control engineers
- Dramatically improved low and high speed control for increased comfort and control over all road surfaces
- Fully compatible with OME’s extensive range of springs, bushes and hardware for a complete integrated 4WD suspension system
- Back-up from more than 120 authorised outlets Australia-wide, and also supported by ARB’s international dealer network
- 3 year, 60,000km warranty
When undertaking 4×4 remote area travel, the need to carry sufficient fuel, water, vehicle spares and safety equipment invariably means that your 4WD will be fully loaded, placing a lot of strain on suspension components.
As part of their integrated 4WD suspension systems, Old Man Emu designs a range of coil springs for each vehicle, enabling the installer to match the most appropriate springs to the intended application. While ride height increases are attained, emphasis is placed on ride control improvements. Further fine tuning is achieved when the springs are matched to a corresponding set of Old Man Emu shock absorbers, delivering a fully integrated system designed specifically to suit your vehicle.
- Springs are formed on precision mandrels
- Scragging before and after shot peening to prevent sagging
- Constant and variable rate coils available for multiple applications
- Coil spring end configurations designed to exact specifications guaranteeing perfect fitment to your vehicle
- Durable powder coat finish
An important part of your 4WD suspension system, Old Man Emu torsion bars dramatically improve your vehicle’s ride and handling, both on road and off.
They are designed and set for optimum ride performance, while maintaining maximum wheel travel crucial to off road action. Our torsion bars work best when Old Man Emu coil or leaf springs are fitted to the rear of your vehicle, with bars and springs then carefully matched to our premium range of four wheel drive shock absorbers. Together, they’ll transform your vehicle’s suspension performance.
- Manufactured from premium grade spring steel with a resilient powder coat to protect against corrosion
- Precision drawn, dropped forged ends for optimal strength and integrity
- Pressure rolled splines for precise fitment and increased spline durability
- Hardened and tempered to exact specifications for improved performance
- Preset and hardened to prevent sagging and increase life cycle
Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs are engineered to provide optimum ride performance irrespective of the operating conditions the vehicle’s suspension is required to work under.
Numerous spring options are available to suit a multitude of applications, allowing you to set your vehicle up for recreational or commercial purposes. Feature packed, a set of Emu Dakar leaf springs matched to a set of Old Man Emu 4×4 shock absorbers will deliver vastly improved ride, handling and load carrying capability.
Draw tapered and diamond cut leaves: Ensure the load is progressively distributed over a larger surface area, reducing the high stresses that develop at leaf ends. This provides increased ride quality and protection against leaf breakage, significantly increasing the spring life.
- Bolt clamps and liners: The leaf clamps are bolted to allow installation of anti squeak nylon liners.
- Fully scragged and load tested: Scragging ensures the spring takes a permanent ‘set’ which reduces the risk of sagging. Load testing ensures the spring meets the required specification.
- Military wrap: Designed to provide added safety.
- Anti friction pads: Regreasable nylon interleaf liners reduce friction at the leaf tips where the load is the greatest.
- Flat axle seat area: Allows a positive, safe axle mount reducing spring stress and increasing spring life.
- Shot peening: The tension side of all leaves is shot peened to reduce spring stress. This process can double the life of a spring.
- Two-stage leaf pack: Featured on most rear springs for optimum comfort. When unladen the vehicle is largely riding on the primary stage, with the secondary stage providing additional support when a heavy load is added.
As another integral component of Old Man Emu’s 4WD suspension range, steering stabilisers are designed to reduce the effect of wheel vibration and improve the feel, handling and control of the vehicle. They will also reduce the aggressive rotation of the steering wheel over rough roads without affecting steering wheel return.
- 9 stage coil spring valving: for optimum performance
- 15mm piston rod: stronger than the original
- Steel stone guard: protects the piston rod against stone damage
- 35mm piston and bore: provides increased oil volume
- Twin tube design: protects the internal components against stone damage
- Multi lip seal: prevents oil loss
Original mounts: for ease of installation original stabiliser mounts are used where appropriate